There are many ways to support NCSF. You can give as little or as much as you are comfortable. And you don't have to be "out" to volunteer with us. We take your privacy very seriously and if you want to help, we want to work with you!
Become a Coalition Partner, Supporting or Individual Member. Support our legislative lobbying efforts, Incident Reporting & Response, Kink Aware Professionals Directory and Outreach efforts.
Volunteer and be part of the solution! Give your energy to NCSF efforts that impact your lives, those of your friends and loved ones, and the community at large.
Give to NCSF and the NCSF Foundation. Your donations help fund our Key Programs, Press, Resources and community surveys and education.
Browse through the NCSF Resource Library and download helpful materials, discussion guides, presentations, whitepapers and more for yourself and your organization or event.
Wear your support of NCSF with pride. Shop for NCSF merchandise at Cafe Press.
If you are a lawyer, doctor, therapist or other professional who is kink aware, consider adding your listing to the Kink Aware Professionals Directory. NCSF manages the largest known directory of Kink Aware Professionals on the internet.
Raise your hand and be a part of the solution!!
Consider donating one of your most important assets, your time!
Whether you want to work behind the scenes or take a more public role -- we have a project just right for you! There are important tasks to be done and we need your help to make it all happen.
Commit to as much or as little as you'd like, but please, make a decision today to help make a difference.
NCSF's Media volunteers are the people who put the face on what we do. From writing press releases, newsletters, articles, to doing interviews and coordinating with the press, they are the people who craft our presentations to the outside world. If you have good communication skills, come help us!
Freelance Writer - Develop articles about NCSF for hardcopy magazines
Opportunity for freelance writers to get international exposure writing articles about NCSF for the hardcopy magazine, Power Exchange Magazine.
Writers will cover a NCSF program, project or aspect of our services by interviewing staff members and Coalition Partner reps. Essays can be 1,000 to 1,800 words long.
Possible ideas are - a Coalition Partner fundraiser roundup; the swing and poly and what BDSM community has in common with those communities; the NCSF EOP program and presenters; a behind-the-scenes look at our Board and the work they're doing; NCSF's KAP program and people who have benefited from it.
Writers will report to the Media Committee. If you've volunteered to write for NCSF before, please volunteer again!
How You Can Help
- Work to change antiquated laws
- Work to change the social climate about sexual issues
- Promote acceptance of safe, sane, and consensual alternative sexual practices among consenting adults
- Oppose censorship of consensual sexual expression
- Fight for freedom of academic expression about sexual issues
- Help communities and individuals facing the threat of prosecution or legal action
- Support the right of adults to express their sexuality, gender identity and orientation freely and openly without fear
- Learn more about NCSF
Why You Should Care
- Can result in discrimination, prosecution, and even violence against you
- Can cause you to lose your children
- Can cause you to lose your job or your income
- Can lead you into a maze of antiquated laws and regulations you never even knew existed
- Is arbitrarily criminalized by state and local authorities
- Is used by the radical right to marginalize minority groups
- Can result in the invasion of your privacy by the government, both within your own home or in educational, social and group environments