November 11, 2006 – Next week the NCSF and ITCR will be represented at the 19th Annual “Creating Change” conference, the largest annual convening of LGBT activists in North America! This groundbreaking conference works to provide LGBT activists and their allies with the information, tools and technical assistance necessary to successfully mobilize our local communities, to combat homophobia and to strengthen our political power in the fight to preserve sexual freedom.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Creating Change Conference
Kansas City, MO
Wednesday November 8 b Sunday November 12, 2006
Has Your Voice Been Heard??
Next week the NCSF and ITCR will be represented at the 19th Annual “Creating Change” conference, the largest annual convening of LGBT activists in North America! This groundbreaking conference works to provide LGBT activists and their allies with the information, tools and technical assistance necessary to
successfully mobilize our local communities, to combat homophobia and to strengthen our political power in the fight to preserve sexual freedom.
Why should you join us? For an incredible weekend filled with educational workshops, capacity building sessions, community-based caucuses, networking opportunities and fun social gatherings that promote a collaborative and issue-based approach to social justice organizing. Make sure that YOUR VOICE IS HEARD in the dialogue about public policy, human rights, same-sex marriage, hate crimes legislation, sexual health education, employment discrimination and coalition-building in movements for social justice. With four days of hands-on and discussion based programming, you’ll be sure to walk away from the weekend with your head spinning, your batteries recharged and your passion for activism renewed.
Classes of interest to our constituency base can be found in (and beyond) an entire “topic area” dedicated to issues of and pertaining to Sexual Freedom, Sexual Politics and Leather, and include:
– Hot Fantasies and Political Nightmares: A Leather Community Primer
– A Dialogue with Youth: Talking about Sex and Sexual Freedom
– Understanding Sexual Freedom as an LGBTQI or Leather Political Leader
– Building a Progressive Queer Movement in the Time of the Right
– Talking about Sex in the Disabled Community
– Sex, Sexuality and Spirituality for Communities of Color
– Public Pillow Talk
– Sexual Freedom as a Fundamental Human Right
– Talking about Sex with Bisexuals
– It’s About Gay Sex: Strategies for Working With A Radical Right Obsessed
With Gay Sex Practices
– Effective Defense/Creative Offense: Mastering The Legislative Process
– Polyamory/Non-Monogamy Caucus
– Sash Revolutions: Building Political Power through Contest Culture
– What’s $ Got To Do With It?: Sex Work, Economics and Class
– And The Teacher Wore Leather Chaps: Leadership Development, Leather
– Talking about Sex in Communities of Color
– Leather: A Community Building Perspective
– Sex, Race, Class and Gender: Establishing All-Inclusive, Sex Positive
Be sure to join us for the following Special Events over the course of the weekend:
Leather Meet and Greet
Hosted by Jessi Holman Ahart, International Ms. Leather 2005
Daily, 7pm b 8pm at the Westin Brasserie Lounge
A benefit for the NCSF and the Angel Tree Fund
Hosted by the Kansas City Leather Community and the National Coalition for
Friday, 9pm b 3am at bBootleggersb on the second floor of Missie Bbs (805 W.
Sponsored by the NCSF, Leather Leadership Conference, the Leather Archives and
Museum and International Ms. Leather, LLC
For more information on the conference, visit
SEE YOU IN KANSAS CITY!!
A Project of NCSF
The National Coalition for Sexual Freedom is a national organization committed to creating a political, legal, and social environment in the United States that advances equal rights of consenting adults who practice forms of alternative sexual expression. NCSF is primarily focused on the rights of consenting adults in the SM-leather-fetish, swing, and polyamory communities, who often face discrimination because of their sexual expression.