In 2010, NCSF assisted in 22 media incidents. Susan Wright gave 38 interviews to the media including:
- Washington Examiner, Washington Post, Gazette, Channel 4 News, ABC News, Channel 5 Fox, Channel 9 News, and CBS New York – interviews on British Lucky Paul’s parties
- Village Voice, Time Out NY, Next, Parle Magazine – about Folsom Street East
- Archives of Sexual Behavior – requested a Letter to the Editor on the proposed DSM revisions to depathologize the consensual paraphilias
- Associated Press – Maryland law to ban 1st cousins from marrying
- Associated Press – regarding consent and the Ed Bagley case in Missouri
- St. Louis Post Dispatch – regarding consent and the Ed Bagley case in Missouri
- Riverfront Times – one interview on the “coming out” of Kendra aka The Beautiful Kind, and a second interview on the repercussions when her child custody was challenged.
- AASECT Contemporary Sexuality – sexual privacy on the Internet
- AlterNet – one article on BDSM submissives, and another on discrimination and child custody
- ShortandSweetNYC.com – about TES Fest and BDSM community
- NBC Bay Area – a report on polyamory
Susan gave pre-event assistance to: Dark Odyssey’s Winterfire in Washington D.C., Folsom Street East in New York City, SinSations in Leather and Kinky Kollege in Chicago, TES Fest in New Jersey, and the Boise BDSM Society.
Susan gave media trainings for: the NCSF Annual CP meeting in Portland, NYC Poly Pride conference, and the Boise BDSM Society spokesperson.
Media Updates are now being posted daily on the NCSF blog at ncsfreedom.org
To receive the Media Update Digest, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Report by Susan Wright