By Susan Wright
NCSF staff members gave 29 interviews to media outlets in 2019 compared to 30 in 2018. Here are the year-by-year stats:
2019 – 29 interviews
2018 – 30 interviews
2017 – 17 interviews
2016 – 19 interviews
2015 – 38 interviews
2014 – 32 interviews
2013 – 42 interviews
2012 – 63 interviews (Fifty Shades bump)
NCSF issued 20 announcements and Action Alerts about issues such as: Champagne Club’s successful struggle against being regulated out of business by the Ft. Wayne City Council, Metamour Day on February 28th, the FOSTA lawsuit, the Race Bannon Advocacy Award, Survey for Kink Clinical Practice Guidelines, and the fact that Psychology Today added consensual non-monogamy and sexual diversity to its therapist directory so therapists can self-identify as aware, however work remains to be done because the public still can’t search these categories.
NCSF posted 4 Guest Blogs in 2019, including: Metamourship, Relationship Anarchy, Fetish Matters, and Resilience.
Media Crisis Assistance
There were several media incidents in 2019, including Lecturer Kelly Stone who formerly taught classes at Texas State University. Stone’s contract was not renewed after she accused a student of harassing her and other students in her “Sexuality across the Lifespan” class. Read about it here.
Social Media NCSF’s social media stats at the end of 2019:
- NCSF mailing list: 7,121 emails, up from 6,713
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/NCSFreedom) 5,760 page follows, up from 5,153
- Twitter (https://twitter.com/NCSF) 10,700 followers, up from 10,100
- NCSF FetLife News (https://fetlife.com/groups/439) 5,902 members, up from 5,860
- NCSF Consent Counts (https://fetlife.com/groups/46202 ) 2,539 members, up from 2,466
- Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/nationalcoalitionsexualfreedom) 356 followers