Skip to content
5 Steps to Explicit Prior Permission for Consent to Kink…
- Did you agree to the specific acts you’re going to do together, including if there’s going to be any sexual contact like touching the breasts or genitals?
- Is everyone an adult and able to consent: they’re not under the influence, in subspace, having a mental health crisis, or a significant reduction in capacity.
- Did you discuss the risks and agree to how intense it will be? Note: You can’t seriously injure someone, even if they consented to the act.
- Do you have a way to stop at any time – even if you’re doing consensual non-consent – like a safeword or safe signal?
- What verbal or physical resistance did you agree that it’s okay to ignore, ie. in roleplay or power exchange.