In October 2021, the NCSF Board authorized the creation of a PR Committee to build awareness about NCSF programs and consent, in order to enhance our presence and be more effective at broadcasting information. The first goal is to create social media campaigns to reach kinky and polyamorous people both in our communities and those not involved. The PR Committee meets on the 2nd Monday of the month at 7:30 Eastern. We currently have 12 volunteers on the PR Committee.
The Media Outreach Program continues to do media advocacy for kink and non-monogamy on request. Of note, our NCSF Twitter account was suspended for unknown reasons from March until August, when Jack Dorsey personally gave us back our access.
In 2021, the PR Committee created two infographics for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter that were well-liked and shared:
The DEI Committee worked with 5 professionals to create short videos for our Amplify Voices:
- Dr. Lexx on Consent and Negotiation
- Zach Budd on the 5 Pillars of Consent
- Dr. James Wadley on Consent
- Diana Ryan: Let’s Define Kink and Abuse
- Dr. A.C. Fowlkes: Interview with Ruby B. Johnson, LCSW
NCSF staff members gave 17 interviews to media outlets and podcasts in 2021, compared to 24 interviews in 2020. This included:
- Pat Bond’s obituary in the NY Times
- The Long, Complicated History Of Trevor Bauer’s “Rough Sex” Defense
- Sports Illustrated – How to Judge Trevor Bauer
In 2021, NCSF published 4 Quarterly newsletters, 43 announcements, and 6 Allies posts including:
- Vi Johnson was given the Race Bannon Advocacy Award
- Metamour Day in Spanish
- September is Consent Month!
- NCSF is at MsC Worldwide 2021
NCSF posted 5 Guest Blogs in 2021, including
NCSF’s social media stats at the end of 2021: